Blended Learning Menu: Dosbarth Caerdydd 04/01/21
Task 1 – Reading and Comprehension
Read daily at home with an adult. Keep record of this by signing your reading record. Remember to put your reading gem in the pot!
You have a selection of books to read in your library. Have a go at answering the questions based on these texts.
Task 2 – Spelling
You have allocated lists to learn and games to play. How many points can you score?
Task 3 – Mathematics
Practice your weekly maths target at home. You might want to use the website Top Marks Maths to help you.
Our learning focus
Task 1 – Mathematics
- We will be revising and consolidating multiplication and division facts.
- We will be using a grid method to multiply a 2-digit number
by a single digit.
- We will be finding whole number remainders with simple division calculations rounding up or down.
- We will be answering word problems involving multi-plication and division using the written methods above.
Task 2 – Literacy
The Iron Man by Ted Hughes
- We will be reading the first chapter of The Iron Man by Ted Hughes and answering questions based on this using evidence.
- We will be exploring the meaning of words within the text by creating our own dictionary.
- We will be exploring and labelling the main features of a newspaper.
- We will be using direct and reported speech.
- We will be planning our own newspaper report about the sighting of the Mysterious Iron Man.
- We will write our own newspaper report about the appearance of the Iron Man.
Task 3 – RE
- Our next RE Topic will be ‘Community.’ We will be thinking about the communities that we belong to e.g our Family communities, School and the area we live.
- We will make a list of the communities we belong to and make a list of the people do in each of these communities to help it run smoothly.
Task 4 – Science
- We will be researching and finding out about the dif-ferent materials and recycling.
Task 1 – Expressive Arts
- Look at the illustrations in the book. How have they been created? Can you create some pictures, based on the events of the book, in a similar style?
Task 2 –Health and Wellbeing
Create a ‘things to look forward to jar.’ What would you like to do in the future? Write these on colourful paper and place into a jar.
Task 3 – Science and Technology
Make a stop motion animation based on the story or about another robot. Look at these examples for inspiration:https://www.youtube.com
Use scratch to create a short animation.
Our Recent Tweets
Recent News & Learning
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our school newsletter, simply add your name and email address to the form below and then check your inbox for instructions.