This afternoon, I was notified of a positive test result for COVID-19 in Dosbarth Rhaglan.
In line with guidance from Welsh Government, Environmental Health and Newport City Council all pupils in Year 2 will need to self-isolate for 14 days. School remains open to all other pupils.
All close contacts of the case have been identified and are in the process of receiving appropriate advice. All other pupils have not been identified as a close contact and therefore do not need to self-isolate and do not require testing for COVID-19. They can continue to attend school as usual.
However, please continue to be alert for any symptoms of COVID-19:
• a new or continuous cough
• a high temperature
• a loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild, you need to:
• book a test for them by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
• follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
• phone school on 01633 273937 or email email@example.com and let us know that your child is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
• ensure your child self-isolates for 10 days from when their symptoms started
• ensure all other household members isolate for 14 days from when your child developed symptoms
• ensure you do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
You are aware of all the measures we have put in place to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19. I want to reassure you that we will continue to be vigilant and do all we can to provide the safest possible environment for our school community.
Mr. James Llewellyn