Dosbarth Coch: Blended Learning 18.01.21
- Practise Jolly Phonics sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkz_FVbZtNA
- Begin to write CVC words e.g cat, dog, sat, sun.
- Practise CVC spellings on spellingshed.com
- To log on to giglets.com and explore the books assigned.
- Recognise numbers to 20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8GFgxlITs
- Practise number formation to 20.
- Counting in 1s to 20/30 starting from different numbers e.g 7, 8, 9 or 13, 14, 15.
Weekly Focus Learning
Over the next few weeks our literacy focus is the story ‘The Runaway Train’. Listen to the story on Seesaw or read the short version attached.
WALT: Describe the train.
- Draw a picture of the train and write words to describe what it looks like.
- Using your describing words write sentences to describe the train. ‘The train is…’
WALT: Sequence a set of numbers.
- Order a set of numbers from smallest to biggest.
- Order a set of random numbers. Which one is next? How do you know?
This week in RE, we are continuing to focus on the local church and celebrating.
WALT: Recognise signs and symbols in our local church.
- Children to look carefully at the photographs and label the symbols you can see.
- Learn the ‘Our Father’ prayer.
WALT: Sort transport into groups.
Find as many different ways to sort transport into 2 groups. What do some transport have the same? What makes some types of transport different?
- Create your own runaway train.
Here is a link to more creative ideas to make a train: https://www.momjunction.com/articles/train-activities-for-preschoolers_00395018/
- Create a tally chart of you family’s favourite type of transport.
- Learn the nursery rhyme ‘The Runaway Train’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVXLO-2d_F8
Our Recent Tweets
Recent News & Learning
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our school newsletter, simply add your name and email address to the form below and then check your inbox for instructions.