Dear Parents and Carers,
As you will be aware the Welsh Government released a statement last week indicating that all Foundation Phase children (those in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) will have a phased return after half-term, with schools fully reopen by Monday 1st March.
We now have clarity regarding the situation in schools and therefore I am able to confirm that all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to return to school on –
Wednesday 24th February
Monday 22nd February and Tuesday 23rd February will be planning and preparation days for Foundation Phase teachers to set up classrooms and for the school’s leadership team to ensure that everything is in place for a safe return.
The school will continue to be open for the children of key workers in Key Stage Two and they are able to return to school on Monday 22nd February 8.45 -3.15 as they have done so far this term.
To apply for a place please complete the online Google form that you will have been sent.
Any children of key workers in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 can attend school on Monday 22nd February and Tuesday 23rd February as part of the childcare hub provision that has been ongoing this term.
In order to keep everyone as safe as possible and to allow parents to maintain social distancing we will continue with the staggered start and end times which are –
8.45 – 2.45 Reception (Dosbarth Coch)
9.00 – 3.00 Year 1 (Dosbarth Cas-Gwent)
9.15 – 3.15 Year 2 (Dosbarth Rhaglan)
If you have more than one child in St. Gabriel’s, then they will all attend school at the earliest timeslot just like in the autumn term.
Breakfast Club & School Meals
Please note that there will be NO school meals available until Monday 1st March so pupils will have to bring in a packed lunch in the first week back after half-term.
Breakfast Club will resume from Monday 1st March for Foundation Phase pupils only.
Please can ALL children wear school uniform from Monday 22nd February including any children attending school in the childcare hub.
Dropping off & Collecting
As you are aware we have asked that when you drop off and collect your child at the end of the day to line up along the fence so that you maintain social distancing and aren’t blocking the crossing or pavement.
As I’m sure you can appreciate we have only one exit which is why we have the staggered collection times, but this system can only function with the cooperation of all parents and so we please ask that you are patient with us and line up along the fence so that we can hand over each pupil safely. We also ask that you also move away from the school gates as quickly as possible when you collect your child so that other parents can access without any restriction.
Class ‘Bubble’ Groups
We will continue to implement a series of measures to ensure that each class in the school remains apart from each other, and the amount of adults coming into contact with each class is kept to an absolute minimum.
We have staggered start and end times to the school day, as well as different times for break and lunch with each class having their own areas so that they are kept apart from other classes.
The safety and welfare of all pupils, staff and parents is of paramount importance and we will continue to implement these measures as long as they are needed.
As you will know Mrs Harris is returning from her maternity leave on Monday 22nd February and I will be re-joining St. Andrew’s Primary School.
I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the whole St. Gabriel’s community for their support over the past 12 months which has been unlike anything any of us have experienced before. I have always placed the safety of all adults and children at the heart of every decision we have made this year and would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
I have loved working with you all and would like to pay tribute to the professionalism and resilience of the outstanding staff here at St. Gabriel’s, and I wish you and your children all the very best for the future.
Parent, Carer and Pupil Live Event Agreement
Prior to the session, parents, carers and pupils agree to:
• Complete and return the consent Microsoft Form.
• Make sure your family household is aware of the date and time of your lesson.
• Ensure your device is fully charged.
• Work from a suitable location where the learner feels comfortable, preferably accompanied by a parent/carer.
• Dress appropriately for all sessions, thinking about respect for others.
• Carefully consider what is in view of the camera, i.e. check that the background is suitable and does not contain images or information that should not be shared or that could be deemed inappropriate.
• Reduce the possibility of the lesson being interrupted by other household members or pets.
• Have accessed Hwb with your Hwb username and password.
• Be punctual for all video-conferencing sessions.
During the live session, parents, carers and pupils agree to:
• Login to Microsoft Teams with your HWB account.
• Once you arrive in the session click on MUTE and turn your CAMERA OFF. Await further instructions from your teacher.
• Turning the camera on is optional for the learner. Teachers may ask you to keep cameras off to improve connectivity during the lesson expectations.
• Show respect for everyone in the online classroom.
• Seek to contribute to the session in a positive manner and not be disruptive at any time.
• Use the chat, mute/unmute and the hand up/raised hands functions to make the most of the session.
• Do not share images of the session.
• Leave the session when asked to – the teacher MUST be last to leave the chat.
FRIENDS OF ST. GABRIEL’S
Due to the ongoing situation with we have been unable to hold a number of fundraising events. We would appreciate any support you are able to offer at the moment and so would encourage you to take a moment to visit the address below and take part in our school lottery, thank you.
Raise FREE donations for Friends of St Gabriel’s EVERY time you shop online using @easyuk. Over 4,000 shops and sites will donate including all the big names like eBay, Argos, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat, Uswitch and many more!
It is inevitable at this time of year that pupils will develop sore throats, runny noses and cold symptoms. However, these are different to the symptoms of COVID-19 which are:
• a new or continuous cough
• a high temperature
• a loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild, you need to:
• book a test for them by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
• keep your child and any siblings home while you await the results of the test
• follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
• phone school on 01633 273937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that your child is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test and also to notify us of the result
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
• washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• washing hands as soon as they get home
• covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
• putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here: https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
Further information on NHS Wales ‘Test, Trace’, Protect can be found here: https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
For general information on COVID-19: https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do: https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
Our Recent Tweets
Recent News & Learning
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our school newsletter, simply add your name and email address to the form below and then check your inbox for instructions.