Dear Parents and Carers,
Breakfast club will be resuming after the Easter break on Tuesday 13th April (Monday 12th April school is closed for a Staff training day). A text with booking information will be coming out shortly – please watch your messages!
Thank you so much to all who have already bought raffle tickets. These are available on ParentPay until Wednesday 24th March. The proceeds of the raffle will be split between our school fund and the Catholic charity CAFOD. Pictures of the amazing prizes for the raffle can be seen on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StGabsPrimary/status/1372592295623716868
After Easter we are going to trial pupils arriving at school in their kit on P.E. days to reduce the items that need to be brought into and stored in school. Class teachers will let you know which day this is for your child.
- White t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black track suit (for outdoors in colder months)
- Elasticated plimsolls / daps – Foundation Phase
- Trainers – Key Stage 2
Note: for gymnastics and dance – bare feet.
As we are fully operational once more, a reminder about school uniform:
The school uniform consists of:
Autumn/ Spring term:
- Blue school sweatshirt (can be embroidered with a school logo)
- Light blue school polo shirt
- Full length, dark grey tailored trousers
- Grey knee length skirt or grey pinafore
- Grey or black tights
- White or grey socks
- Blue and white checked summer dress
- Grey knee length shorts or full length dark grey tailored trousers
- Black shoes. Black trainers are allowed but must be totally black.
- All pupils are required to wear sensible black shoes for school.
- High heels are not allowed in the interest of safety.
Jewellery, Hair and Accessories:
- A watch and small stud earrings may be worn but they are the responsibility of the child.
Note: All jewellery must be removed by the child for PE and Games as safety of pupils in physical lessons is paramount.
- Hairstyles are expected to be neat, tidy and sensible
- Long hair must be tied back
- No shaven hairstyles
- Make-up, nail varnish and tattoos are not to be worn
- Summer hats may be worn outdoors
Friends of St. Gabriel’s
Join our school lottery – there is a prize for someone in our school community that takes part each week.
Another way to support our school is to raise FREE donations for Friends of St Gabriel’s EVERY time you shop online using @easyuk. Over 4,000 shops and sites will donate including all the big names like eBay, Argos, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat, Uswitch and many more!
Training Days (School Closed) for the remainder of this school year:
Monday 12th April 2021
Friday 28th May 2021
Monday 7th June 2021
Monday 19th July 2021
Tuesday 20th July 2021
There is one more date to be allocated which will be announced at the start of the Summer term (we are waiting to see the latest operational guidance for schools to see what type of training can be facilitated).
Term Dates FOR THIS YEAR
Spring term ends: Friday March 26th 2021
Summer term begins: Tuesday 13th April 2021 (as Monday we are closed for Staff training)
Summer half term: Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June 2021
Summer second half term begins: Tuesday 8th June (as Monday we are closed for Staff training)
End of Summer term: Friday 16th July 2021 (as Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th is Staff training)
For the term dates for the next two years please follow this link: http://www.newport.gov.uk/en/Schools-Education/Schools/Term-Dates.aspx
Reminder: Symptom Awareness
Please do not send your child to school if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A new and continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss of taste or smell
If any of these symptoms occur please book a Covid-19 test as soon as is possible and communicate the result to us via school text service or school email (day or night) as soon as you receive it.
Mrs M Harris