September 2021 Information
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – SEPTEMBER 2021 INFORMATION
Dear Parents and Carers,
You are likely aware of the statement issued by Minister for Education in Wales last Friday when he announced:
“Three main changes are being proposed to bring some normality back to education ahead of the new autumn term. They are:
- Face coverings will no longer be routinely recommended in classrooms;
- Contact groups will no longer be required for school pupils or full-time learners in colleges. We will use our TTP system in order to identify close contacts of learners who have tested positive.
- Normal session times will resume.”
In light of this announcement and paying due attention to the detail in the updated school’s operational guidance (July 2021), St. Gabriel’s Primary will be resuming our pre-pandemic start of day and end of day routines in a manner in which social distancing can still be undertaken. Please read the information below carefully:
- Breakfast club (for those who have signed up and been allocated a place) will run from 8:15 am to 8:45 am. (Last entry is at 8.35 am)
- Gates will be open between 8:45am and 8:55am so children can proceed straight into their classrooms where their teachers are waiting. Staff will be in place at key points around the school to keep pupil movement flowing.
- Formal school day begins at 8:55 am – all children to be in classes at this time for registers.
- 3:05pm – school ends for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. To collect your child, please stand in a socially distanced manner outside your child’s classroom.
- 3:10pm – school ends for Year 3. To collect your child, please stand in a socially distanced manner on the yard.
- 3:15pm – school ends for Year 4. To collect your child, please stand in a socially distanced manner on the yard.
- 3:15pm – school ends for Year 5 and Year 6. To collect your child, please stand in a socially distanced manner along the pavement of the school fence facing the building. Your child will be exiting the building through the hall doors and will be sent to you. (NOTE: if your child is in Year 5 or 6 and you would like them to walk home, please ensure the electronic walkers form, that has been texted to you, has been completed by the start of September)
Until it is clarified by the Education Minister, we would ask you to initially continue wearing masks when on the school site.
During the initial days of resuming this system, staff will be available to answer any queries and to direct you to the correct pick-up location.
Please be aware that in this letter, we are sharing how we are aligning to the most recent guidance and the expectations that the Minster has set out. This approach means that I am unable to set out exactly what September will be like in our school as I am writing to you in the middle of July and a lot can happen in the next six weeks before the start of term. However, I can assure you that our risk assessments and school based operational plans will be reviewed prior to the beginning of the Autumn term.
We have already been told that there will be an update to the operational guidance in August and though we will strive to minimise any changes to the arrangements outlined to you in this letter, if there are developments that require further changes then I will be in touch by text that will link you to an update on our website.
Your ongoing cooperation and understanding is very much appreciated.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer.
Mrs M. Harris
Our Recent Tweets
Recent News & Learning
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our school newsletter, simply add your name and email address to the form below and then check your inbox for instructions.