September Newsletter 17.07.20
Dear Parents and Carers,
Many of you will have heard the Welsh Government Minister for Education’s statement last Thursday which detailed there being a need for all pupils to return to school by Monday 14th September.
However, we are keen to have the pupils return to full-time schooling as soon as possible and following the publication of Welsh Government guidance I can confirm the arrangements for the start of the autumn term in September.
The school will be closed for planning days on –
Tuesday 1st September and Wednesday 2nd September
The school will reopen to Year 1 to Year 6 pupils on Thursday 3rd September with a continuation of the staggered start and finish times that have been in place for the past 3 weeks –
Reception and Year 3 pupils – 8.45am – 2.45pm
Year 1 and Year 4 pupils – 9am – 3pm
Year 2, Year 5 and Year 6 pupils – 9.15am – 3.15pm
Reception pupils will attend school on EITHER Thursday 3rd September or Friday 4th September and will be informed which group they are in by text. They then will ALL be in school from Monday 7th September in their full classes for 5 days a week.
Please can we ask that you adhere to the social distancing guidelines that have been in place for the past 3 weeks by standing by the fence posts which are two metres apart when queueing to drop off or collect your children. We would also ask that only ONE parent comes to minimise the amount of adults at the school gate at the start and end of day, thank you.
We have had very clear guidance from Welsh Government regarding this reopening and I recommend that you read their technical advisory group advice using the link below –
Following the guidance we have received the following measures will be in place from Thursday 3rd September.
– There will be NO Breakfast Club at the start of the autumn term, and we will then inform you of the dates for restarting once we have further guidance.
– Access to the school office will be by appointment only. We encourage you to telephone us if you have any queries during the school day or contact us by text or email.
– The canteen will be providing only cold lunches until further notice, and any pupils who are in receipt of Free School Meals will be given a packed lunch onsite as the voucher scheme is ending after the summer holidays.
– The pupils will not be able to bring anything into school with them other than their water bottle and packed lunch. Please do not bring bags or pencil cases to school.
– We will be putting in measures in case we have to revert to distance learning and supporting your children at home as we have done over the past few months, and will inform you of these if they are needed.
– The pupils will remain with their class all day as they would normally, but they will not have contact with other children from different classes. Their breaktimes and lunchtimes will be timetabled to minimise any contact although inevitably there will be times where this isn’t possible.
– Enhanced cleaning during the school day will continue to take place and all pupils will be encouraged to continue the existing hygiene measures that are in place such as regular hand-washing and the use of hand sanitiser when outdoors.
The classes for the 2020-21 academic year are as follows –
Dosbarth Coch (Reception)
Teacher – Miss A Foster
Teaching Assistants – Mrs L McInerney & Mrs R Price
Dosbarth Cas-Gwent (Year 1)
Teacher – Mrs R Rayner
Teaching Assistant – Mrs L Foster
Dosbarth Rhaglan (Year 2)
Teacher – Mrs R Wright (3 days) & Mrs C McLeod (2 days)
Teaching Assistant – Mrs H Davies
Dosbarth Cil-y-Coed (Year 3)
Teacher – Miss A Chard
Dosbarth Caerdydd (Year 4)
Teacher – Miss T Griffiths
Dosbarth Caerffili (Year 5)
Teacher – Mrs N Williams (covering Mrs E De Lima’s maternity leave)
Dosbarth Caernarfon (Year 6)
Teacher – Mrs J Waugh
HLTA – Mrs J Sullivan
Intervention / ALN
Teaching Assistants – Mrs C Broadfield, Mrs D Davies, Mrs T Jones, Mr C Martin
Mr J Llewellyn
Our Recent Tweets
Our Recent Newsletters
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our school newsletter, simply add your name and email address to the form below and then check your inbox for instructions.