Y1 Isolation Info 17.7.21
Y1 – Confirmed case of COVID-19 (17.6.21)
Re: Information regarding a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Year 1 contact group at St. Gabriel’s RC Primary School.
This morning I was notified of a confirmed case of COVID-19 which affects the Year 1 contact group. In line with guidance from Welsh Government, Environmental Health and Newport City Council all pupils in Year 1 will need to self-isolate with immediate effect.
All children in Year 1 should self-isolate for 10 days from last contact with the positive case which was Thursday. Therefore, your child must isolate up to and including Saturday 24th July.
The end of isolation period for Year 1 pupils is Sunday 25th July.
Your child must self-isolate by staying at home.
Your child should remain at home. They should not go to public areas or other people’s houses, and they must not use public transport until the period of self-isolation has finished. Please minimise contact with other people in your home and do not invite people to visit your home.
Please continue to be alert for any symptoms of COVID-19:
- a new or continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild, you need to:
- book a test for them by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
- phone school on 01633 273937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that your child is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- ensure your child self-isolates for 10 days from when their symptoms started
- ensure all other household members isolate for 14 days from when your child developed symptoms
- ensure you do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
- washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- washing hands as soon as they get home
- covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here: https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
Further information on NHS Wales ‘Test, Trace’, Protect can be found here: https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
For general information on COVID-19: https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do: https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
You are aware of all the measures we have put in place to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19. I want to reassure you that we will continue to be vigilant and do all we can to provide the safest possible environment for our school community.
If you need any support or further information, please do get in touch.
Mrs Maria Harris
Our Recent Tweets
Recent News & Learning
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our school newsletter, simply add your name and email address to the form below and then check your inbox for instructions.